Saturday, May 7, 2016

New Additions


Here's the little chick that hatched from the egg in the video. Isn't he/she cute?  I'm not sure what mix of breeds she is but she hatched from a light brown egg.
 I was able to tuck her under her momma last night and Autumn (the broody hen) accepted her without hesitation.


Now, the eggs in the incubator still have 9 days until they're due to hatch but I still have a full brooder in the garage.
Meet the 14 little chicks I got from the feed store yesterday!

Seven of these little girls (they're supposed to be all girls) are Barnevelders (layers of dark brown eggs) and seven of them are Ameraucanas (layers of blue/green eggs).   At only $2.50 per chick, I couldn't pass up the chance to add more colorful egg layers to our flock. 
 I'm hoping these little girls will play nicely with the new chicks that hatch from the incubator in 9 days.


It's like fluffy chick heaven around here.  If anyone would like to come meet the babies, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment